It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: How I found a flight from SOCal to BOG for $370  (Read 2819 times)

Offline eastwood77

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
How I found a flight from SOCal to BOG for $370
« on: April 21, 2015, 09:40:46 PM »
Entered LAX to BOG into google.com/flights
This suggested a lower fare ONT to BOG  :)
I entered ONT to BOG, and found a $390 fare from AeroMexico
Dates were too limited from google, so I logged directly into AeroMexico,com
It's a difficult site lacking basic info like length of flight,  :o however, it had more dates and lower fares. I tried to buy a $375 flight but when I submitted my credit card, it gave me a red javascript error demanding:
   Pay $420 for this $375 flight or START OVER!
This web scam MADE MY DAY,  >:( so I called AeroMexico. The operator refused to honor the $375 flight but offered a $370 flight with 2 return layovers at BOTH MEX and Guadalaja. Should I take a 24 hr return flight with 2 layovers from a fraudulent  airline?
DO I FEEL LUCKY?  :-\
   Hell no. I bought a better flight on Orbitz for $420 but it was ONT-->BOG through Aeromexico

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:42:24 PM by eastwood77, Reason: format »

Offline John W

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
Re: How I found a flight from SOCal to BOG for $370
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 04:12:03 PM »
Thanks Eastwood.  I found some of those $420 round-trip flights from Ontario to Bogota on Expedia.  Lowest fares I have ever seen.  Flying out of Ontario is great as it is easy to get in and out and the lines and waits are very short.  However, there not many international flights from Ontario, so it is usually not an option for going to Colombia unless you have a stop over in the US (usually Houston or Miami) prior to going to Colombia. 

Hope you have a great trip. 

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 05:15:22 PM »
Especially if you're not in a big city, driving 2 or 3 hours to a bigger city can save hundreds of dollars on just the connecting flight to the point where your international flight leaves. It's sometimes well worth the time to check. Sometimes the city that has much lower fares isn't even that much larger than the one you live in. Airlines, fares and variability don't always have rhyme or reason. We'll drive two hours to Jacksonville,  Florida and save 300--$400 on domestic flights alone sometimes. Getting thru is just as fast and the long term parking's cheaper too.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 05:15:22 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 05:24:50 PM »
Found out recently that most fares on flights that originate in the USA, including international, 'flip'  or reset their prices, after refreshing data on seat availability after 12:30 AM each day----that Tuesday late night, early AM Wednesday being best is just a myth.(eastern standard time)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:30:39 PM by robert angel »

Offline eastwood77

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 07:55:59 PM »
In Bogota now. Cell is 312-225-1627. Go to BQ Thursday, hope I don't melt. May go to Santa Marta and Valledupar for Carnival.

Offline V_Man

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 01:17:27 AM »
It's probably just me but I travel around THEN put details of time and place of where I have BEEN on the internet.

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 06:20:55 AM »
you lose your paranoia after a while when you realize you really arent     so important in the world...people could give a [snip] where you or I are at any given moment..even NutBars have priorities and special interests that don{t include you or me.
Unless you have alot of enemies..but you seem like an easy going non-controversial guy..
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:22:39 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 07:49:09 AM »
you lose your paranoia after a while when you realize you really arent     so important in the world...people could give a [snip] where you or I are at any given moment..even NutBars have priorities and special interests that don{t include you or me.
Unless you have alot of enemies..but you seem like an easy going non-controversial guy..

I once happened to mention when I was going overseas, including the hotel I was staying at, in an on-line dating site chat room. BIG mistake. Literally dozens of women showed up my entire stay, making things rather uncomfortable. I doubt if many Colombianas frequent this site and took note of the posters phone number. If it were posted on the Cupid site, he'd probably come to regret it, or at least leave his ringer off a lot.

But even though its probably a temporary phone number, I wouldn't post it here. Too many nut jobs around.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5874
Latest: BillyGeots
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 350