It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: U.S News Reports top retirement destinations-Medellin Colombia No. 1  (Read 47686 times)

Offline buencamino

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: U.S News Reports top retirement destinations-Medellin Colombia No. 1
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2015, 03:55:06 PM »
What do you care? I thought you were supposed to be shacked up with an Ecuadoran woman...

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2015, 04:14:08 PM »
That would be Married to an Ecuatoriana now 8 years and not shaking up
Like you .But the "Peanut" gallery would like to hear from  you to see
If you know as much as the legend in your mind tells you that you do ;)
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline buencamino

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2015, 05:40:07 PM »
Like me? Where do you get that? I've never posted that I've shacked up with anybody. See that's the problem. Guys like you just talk out of your ass, make sh#t up as you go along. And that's especially true when some of you start talking about Colombia. Like the idiot who says I couldn't have gringo neighbors. In fact I have four in my corregimiento, two who work for CIAT, one who is a  teacher at a bilingual high school and another who is a retired architect. I've lived and owned property in Colombia for longer than (you say) you've been married. So what do you want to know about living here? If it's within my purview I'll be happy to answer.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2015, 05:40:07 PM »

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2015, 06:03:47 PM »
BC

I could care less about you or how long it takes you to take a crap because you are about as interesting as my morning dump. You are the guy that makes smug remarks when other people interject a thought or opinion like you are the only person that knows anything about anything. It's dumbasses like you that run people off of sights like this.

Just because you live in some damn barrio does not make you Tripadvisor.com.
In my 13 years on this site I have not one damn interesting post or idea you have written nor given anybody any decent advise other than to tell people they do not know what they are talking about , OH, and that so called Idiot that says you might not never have a gringo neighbor  might be wrong , but only because he is adventurous and has gone all over Colombia with his "Colombian" family while you just stay in some Gringolandia utopia and pursue your interesas. Oh, and Largo Calima is no damn Amazon adventure son  8)

Viva Ecuador !

Offline buencamino

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2015, 06:41:19 PM »
Well there you go and I haven't held you in very high esteem ever since you proposed to a girl at Pete E's in front of her parents then dumped her a few days later. So hey you don't like my posts don't read 'em. I sure as f#ck don't read yours. 

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2015, 08:54:01 PM »
  In fact I have four in my corregimiento, two who work for CIAT, one who is a  teacher at a bilingual high school and another who is a retired architect.

Corregimiento...that is a good word...hadn't seen it before.   It translates into Township on google.

CIAT: International Center for Tropical Agriculture.   

A couple questions here:    Do you know what it took in terms of certifications to work as a teacher in a bilingual High school, and what subject the man is teaching?

Thanks,
Fathertime!   
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline michaelb

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2015, 09:27:50 PM »
There is indeed such a certification, a couple of them in fact. Look up TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Langues) or TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) and you'll find some colleges and universities that offer them. I'm of the opinion, however, that being in the right place/right time and/or knowing someone is more important than having the certificate. My son taught English in Bulgaria for about a year and a half, and he doesn't have either certificate. 

Offline buencamino

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2015, 05:33:09 AM »
Ft  the guy teaches science in English. I don't no what his credentials are and I don't believe he taught back in the US. I think Michaelb nailed it in his third sentence. He may have had "palanca".
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 05:38:15 AM by buencamino »

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2015, 06:34:41 AM »
Well there you go and I haven't held you in very high esteem ever since you proposed to a girl at Pete E's in front of her parents then dumped her a few days later. So hey you don't like my posts don't read 'em. I sure as f#ck don't read yours.

Man that was years ago and not my finest hour for sure--Good News is that her and I are still friends and I had dinner with her and her Colombian husband a few years ago when they were in the states. Bad News is you are still a smug Ahole who thinks his opinion is the only one that matters and everyone else  does not know what they are talking about.

I am done pissing with  you but like I said, it's guys like you that run other guys away from the site with your smug  know it all attitude--Oh, since you do not read my posts, no need for you to respond. Gotta run, my foursome is waiting to tee off at the club while ass your trolling Sexta  and telling everybody they do not know WTF they are talking about Tool!

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2015, 07:27:48 AM »
Jeez...why donĀ“t you guys get a hotel room..your starting t sound exactly like Bernard and CaliPro...

Offline gyounger

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2015, 03:33:24 PM »
So why did you dump her, KB?

Don't leave us hanging.

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2015, 04:25:08 PM »
So why did you dump her, KB?

Don't leave us hanging.

I was still in love with someone else when i really dug deep down. That was a bad move because the woman i was in love with was the Colombian version   of poison.Things  happen for a reason.The woman i asked to marry me is happily married and so am i now for 8 great years

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2015, 07:08:56 PM »
Yup lots of "my wife this and my wife that" but no first hand experience to share. But hey no argument from me. Keep that propaganda going. The last thing I want is gringo neighbors!

LOL! I do not have to get ran over by a truck to know not to step out in front of one. Some folks need to experience bad things because they do not have the good sense to know when something is a bad deal or not. So knock yourself out. Go buy up a bunch of property in Colombia or flush your money down the toilet. Either way it is no skin off my back.

One of the biggest reasons the US is not a third world corrupt country is stability. It is commonly known that being able to own property and having a system that clearly defines ownership contributes to and promotes stability. Not buying property in a broke arse country would be a good rule of thumb.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2015, 07:08:56 PM »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2015, 08:02:46 AM »
Ft  the guy teaches science in English. I don't no what his credentials are and I don't believe he taught back in the US. I think Michaelb nailed it in his third sentence. He may have had "palanca".

Thanks BC....

Palanca means Lever....in this case I reviewed it's usage and it seems to mean 'a letter' of recommendation or perhaps a connection?

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2015, 12:37:12 PM »
LOL! I do not have to get ran over by a truck to know not to step out in front of one. Some folks need to experience bad things because they do not have the good sense to know when something is a bad deal or not. So knock yourself out. Go buy up a bunch of property in Colombia or flush your money down the toilet. Either way it is no skin off my back.

One of the biggest reasons the US is not a third world corrupt country is stability. It is commonly known that being able to own property and having a system that clearly defines ownership contributes to and promotes stability. Not buying property in a broke arse country would be a good rule of thumb.

I owned a nice apartment in Cali for about three and half years before selling it.....made about $22,000 thousand on the sale....due almost entirely to the difference in the exchange rate from when I bought it and sold it.

Lots of ways to make money in this world and buying Colombian real estate probably isn't anyway near the easiest.
Getting your money in and out of the country is a pain and the real estate markets do not move near as fast as in the US up or down .....plus properties can be on the market easily for a year or more before they sell.

As a life style choice it makes sense to own.....nothing like having your own personalized pimp pad in Colombia...nothing. Second is having a very nice car.

Offline buencamino

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2015, 03:01:48 PM »

Thanks BC....

Palanca means Lever....in this case I reviewed it's usage and it seems to mean 'a letter' of recommendation or perhaps a connection?

Fathertime!

Yes leverage. You know someone with influence who can help you get the job.

Offline Chris F

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2015, 05:16:31 PM »
As a life style choice it makes sense to own.....nothing like having your own personalized pimp pad in Colombia...nothing. Second is having a very nice car.
The question I have for you Calipro is why then did you choose to sell your"personalized pimp pad" considering  Cali is like your second home???

« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:22:11 PM by Chris F »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2015, 05:32:27 PM »
The question I have for you Calipro is why then did you choose to sell your"personalized pimp pad" considering  Cali is like your second home???

Got married

Offline Chris F

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2015, 07:46:54 PM »
Got married
WOW!!  I guess I have not been around here much if you had previously posted that info.  Congrats to you!!  I believe you had been married several times before, so I am kind of surprised you were eager to take the plunge one more time.
If I may ask, how old is she? Also I asume she is living with you in the states since you sold your apartment in Cali. How long have you been married?

Offline fathertime

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2015, 07:50:51 PM »
Yes leverage. You know someone with influence who can help you get the job.

makes sense.

WOW!!  I guess I have not been around here much if you had previously posted that info.  Congrats to you!!  I believe you had been married several times before, so I am kind of surprised you were eager to take the plunge one more time.
If I may ask, how old is she? Also I asume she is living with you in the states since you sold your apartment in Cali. How long have you been married?

Hey 'the evil ChrisF'!   I didn't know Calipro was married either....I kinda think Calipro was referring to a while ago, unless I'm mistaken. 

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Calipro

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2015, 09:19:13 PM »

Jajaja Well thanks for the belated congratulation.....but she and have been divorced. For a while now...

Offline Chris F

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2015, 10:33:40 PM »
Jajaja Well thanks for the belated congratulation.....but she and have been divorced. For a while now...
Ok..got it.
Are you planning on buying another "personalized pimp pad" in Cali. Since you feel as a "life style choice it makes sense to own" there?

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2015, 12:38:21 AM »

What exactly is the advantage of owning vs renting as a "lifestyle choice"?  And what exactly do you mean by "personalized"?

Or are you just trying to make yourself look cool on the internet as usual?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2015, 12:38:21 AM »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2015, 02:18:40 AM »

What exactly is the advantage of owning vs renting as a "lifestyle choice"?  And what exactly do you mean by "personalized"?

Or are you just trying to make yourself look cool on the internet as usual?

I have never found a rental that suits me 100 percent.....But this place comes close and will definitely help you get your dick wet if you don't mind paying $3500 a month.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1557640?checkin=05%2F21%2F2015&checkout=06%2F22%2F2015&s=eZ4u
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:20:23 AM by Calipro »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2015, 05:58:56 AM »
yeah the hot  chicas are definitely impressed with PentHouse suites with Jakuzzis and sports cars..playboy life style..the old "Gold Digger hump and Dump".
Your not the only guy on this Forum who uses that technique...(it aint me, I only like modest comfort)

Nothing wrong with that lifestyle if you can afford it and aspire to it: Takes a net worth of at least $3 million though
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:02:33 AM by Elexpatriado »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864