It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Agency????  (Read 3428 times)

Offline mrflow6

Agency????
« on: May 22, 2010, 07:12:25 PM »
I haven't posted in months (although from time to time Ive read other posts) Ive dated and dated and dated and each time I come closer to the realization that I want to go through with trying to find my wife in Colombia!

I am an American born hispanic man (Puerto Rican) I am very Dark complected for my race. I am a blue collar worker so I'm not rich but I do ok. I have no children. And,  I speak fluent Spanish.

1. Ive heard that my skin color may be an issue. Is that true?
2. Although I speak Spanish well, the thought of me going it on my own in a country Ive never visited before still seems a little more trouble than actually going through an agency. Can anyone direct me to an agency that will work with me and not try to just take my money?

Any good advice would be great.

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Agency????
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 04:24:19 AM »
usually, its not an issue,  but i have seen it be an issue in medellin and bogota.  in costal cities, not a problem. more so, its how you look ( 35 actually look 35 and not 50) and your personality that matters.

Offline mrflow6

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 02:25:11 PM »
Hey thanks for getting back.
Just wanted to find out as much as possibly and were I stand before I take a chance.
I actually turned 40 this year but look between 30 to 35 or so Im always told. Sometimes even younger and for the most part, I am pretty young at heart and like to stay active and do things too.

Do you know of any good agencies that would be worth trying to go through?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 02:25:11 PM »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 09:45:35 PM »
Dude, you're relatively young, speak fluent Spanish and as a Puerto Rican a bit of a novelty. Tell them you're Elvis Crespo's brother and you're there to besar las mujeres  suavemente. Seriously, I don't think you need an agency. You just need to pick a city, spend some time there and work it.

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 02:48:33 AM »
well, 1st, you need to pick a city, bogota, cali, barranquilla, cartagena, medlelin, or other. then decide what agency or what you want to do, try internet sites ect.  just my opinion, at this time i would try some costal cities, cali and medellin are not doing so well and gringos in medellin dont have the best reputation right now. pretty sad since i have an agency there jjajajaja oh well.

Offline mrflow6

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 04:58:50 AM »
I don't need an Agency? You make it sound so easy. Is it really that easy for me even though Ive never been to Colombia before? Will I really get that much attention? What city/town in Colombia would you recommend? How would I prepare for this type of trip without going to an agency?

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 05:37:57 AM »
best way to go about it is decide on what city, then find out what agencies are in that city, contact them, look through their female members, send them your info ect.  then get on a few internet sites, some are not so good anymore, due to the fact that foreigners are using the cheap internet sites for finding prepagos or part time prepagos and most normal girls get disgusted within 2 weeks and quit. any girl who has been on clombian cupid and some other sites  for more than 2 months is a waste of time in my opinion.  had a few clents who tried CC and other internet sites only to get burned and waste a lot of time and $$$ and then later try using an agency.

it can be easy or it can be a waste of time and a lot of fustration, a lot of factors involved.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 08:57:09 AM »
I and several friends of mine have tried every way possible to meet good women in Colombia. And without a doubt, all the guys I know said that Jamie's was the best way to go. At least at first. Because he does some great things.

1. You can meet as many as 100 women in a few days.
2. He will actually get most of them to show
3. His staff will get feedback from the girls to see if they are even the least bit interested in you.
4. His staff knows the local Barranquilla culture and customs which is invaluable. Many things are particular only to BAQ and are not that way in other parts of Colombia.
5. His staff are bilingual.
6. The agency is more or less "respected" there. While some others seem to be nothing more than fronts for prepagos. Although I am sure his place has a couple that have slipped through the cracks as well.
7. His place is in a great location. Has a great apartment there.

After that you can go out on your own to spend time with the girls you like the most. But his operation saves sooooooo much time.

The Colombian Cupid, Tagged.com, etc. is a huge time waster. You will just be spinning your wheels unless you get very lucky.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 09:02:23 AM »
Another thing about going with a trusted agency is that the girls trust the agency. And the guys that come through there. We gringos do not exactly have the best reputation down there either. There are a lot of sex tourists and scammers down there.

For example, one girl that I had talked to was a beautiful woman from BAQ. She has 2 best friends. All three of them somehow happened to end up engaged to guys from the Metro Atlanta area. All three of them had visas in process. And all three of them got dumped right before the interview. And I know that at least this girl herself was a diamond. Gorgeous, educated, great business, personality, clean. So now they do not want to date gringos anymore because of all the lies and such.

So I think that the agencies kind of filter away some of the dirt balls because you need to be pretty serious to pay a stiff fee to meet sincere women. So the guys are typically not going to be scammers. And the girls know that.

Offline mrflow6

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 03:07:30 PM »
Thanks for the insight. Ive actually heard of Jamie's from reading some of the forums. Is that the name of the site or is that just the name of the owner of the site? Aside from this forum Ive never heard of Jamie's/site.?

I actually was a member of Colombian Cupid briefly and found that it was a waste of time too.

Offline mrflow6

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 04:24:19 PM »
I will definately look into Jamie's site.

Has anyone ever heard of the agency (latin American Introductions)? Any positive/negative info would be good .

Thanks

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 09:09:53 PM »
Here is the problem with the agency route. You are only meeting chicks in the agency which is what percentage of the available women? My wife's attitude and this is true of most paisas is that she wouldn't be caught dead in an agency. Jamie runs a top notch operation from all I hear but then you're already picking Barranquilla because that's where his agency is. IMHO, any guy with some game and a command of Spanish does not need to have his hand held or women picked out for him.  

When I've gone to Medellin, there are so many hot women who are obviously interested, I could get married every week - geez, on the plane going down there, at the airport, in the street, in the shops and malls, you name it. I'm no George Clooney but I'm a sociable guy and I like to tease and kid around with women.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:19:30 PM by utopiacowboy »

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 09:40:25 PM »
I agree with Utopiacowboy that it is very easy to meet and date many, many women there in Colombia. And it is a blast to go out with them all, get to meet them and see how things go. If I had months to spend there, I would not use an agency at all. I would have the greatest time of my life meeting women at the mall, on the streets, where ever. And I would be able to find a good one eventually for sure.

But most guys do not have that kind of time. And to meet 100 girls at Jamie's is not impossible. And you know for a fact that all the girls are looking for a serious relationship or would not be there in the first place.

To meet 100 girls on your own would take at least a year!

That is the value of Jamie's.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 09:40:25 PM »

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 09:53:26 PM »
I agree with Utopiacowboy that it is very easy to meet and date many, many women there in Colombia. And it is a blast to go out with them all, get to meet them and see how things go. If I had months to spend there, I would not use an agency at all. I would have the greatest time of my life meeting women at the mall, on the streets, where ever. And I would be able to find a good one eventually for sure.

But most guys do not have that kind of time. And to meet 100 girls at Jamie's is not impossible. And you know for a fact that all the girls are looking for a serious relationship or would not be there in the first place.

To meet 100 girls on your own would take at least a year!

That is the value of Jamie's.

That's exactly why I could never live there. I think my wife deserves fidelity but there's no way I could be tested like that on a daily basis. I would be the cleanest guy on the planet from all the cold showers though.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 11:01:34 PM »
That's exactly why I could never live there. I think my wife deserves fidelity but there's no way I could be tested like that on a daily basis. I would be the cleanest guy on the planet from all the cold showers though.

hehehe..i hear ya UC.  I have spoken with a couple guys that live down there and the temptations are often...i don't want that in my life if i'm happily married...i'd have to move far away from the city and all the short skirts and flirty eyes.

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline fathertime

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 11:05:17 PM »
Thanks for the insight. Ive actually heard of Jamie's from reading some of the forums. Is that the name of the site or is that just the name of the owner of the site? Aside from this forum Ive never heard of Jamie's/site.?

i've been to the agency, i agree with what alabamaboy said.
perhaps you have the link to his site but if not here it is. 
http://www.latin-wife.com/

Good luck,
Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 08:24:28 AM »
Yeah it is a funny thing. The Colombianas assume that the gringo guys are so much more loyal and nice than the Colombianos, but I think if you put any guy there for a long period of time, whether he is Gringo, Chinese, African, he is going to have one hell of a time to be loyal. It would be next to impossible.

The thing we have "going for us" here is that it is that on a typical day here I see maybe 1-2 women that I would be interested in sexually. And there it is probably 100, no exaggeration. So it is a pretty sure bet I can be loyal forever here in the States.

Offline mrflow6

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 12:04:37 PM »
Lol!! Yeah. It sounds like a situation were I would probably forget why I made the trip in the first place. (gotta stay focused!!) :)

Anyway. would it be possible to do a little of both? I understand that taking a tour through an Agency is usually a week or so. Would I decided to stay an extra few days or week on my own? Would that work? Has anyone ever done that and How did it work for you?

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 01:19:51 PM »
Lol!! Yeah. It sounds like a situation were I would probably forget why I made the trip in the first place. (gotta stay focused!!) :)

Anyway. would it be possible to do a little of both? I understand that taking a tour through an Agency is usually a week or so. Would I decided to stay an extra few days or week on my own? Would that work? Has anyone ever done that and How did it work for you?

That would be the best plan, but about the only thing I did not really like about Jamie's operation is that you are pretty much obligated to use his lodging when in BAQ. Maybe that has changed. IT is a nice place though. But it costs a little more than other places and is not as private.

Once you hit it off well with one girl and you are starting to get serious, they will not like it much if you stay at the apt, which is in the agency.

He does have a nice looking place a few miles out of town. I have never stayed there or seen it in person though.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 137