It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Isis and Hezbolá in Colombia  (Read 651 times)

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Isis and Hezbolá in Colombia
« on: April 17, 2019, 08:39:20 AM »

https://www.elcolombiano.com/colombia/las-huellas-de-isis-y-hezbola-en-colombia-MH10537281

The attack against the officials of the US embassy in Bogotá was already ongoing. A nearby restaurant, in the neighborhood of Quinta Paredes, would be the scene of the bomb, as some 20 employees of the diplomatic headquarters had lunch there daily.

Zayad Tawhid, an alleged liaison of the terrorist group Islamic State (Isis) in England, was satisfied with his contact in Colombia, Cuban citizen Raúl Gutiérrez Sánchez. So he wrote: "Will you be alone or with another brother? What else do you need?".

Gutiérrez, who at that time was living in the municipality of Calarcá, Quindío, answered: "I have 3 thousand dollars, I'm looking for more. Another brother will watch over me. "

- "Is he a Muslim?"

- "The brother who goes to a mosque in Medellín. He works in illegal mining, where he stole the material I told him about. Four kilos of C4 (explosive), 6 kilos of dynamite. "

- "But you want to do an act of martyrdom?"

- "As I see the logistics and the situation, it must be martyrdom".

This conversation, recorded on February 3, 2018, is one of the evidence that the Prosecutor's Office has in the criminal proceeding for terrorism and conspiracy to commit a crime against the 46-year-old Cuban, who was captured on the following March 12 in the capital, when he wanted to be hired as a waiter in the restaurant where he intended to set the trap.

According to the investigation of the Anti-Terrorism Group of the Dijin, the defendant entered the country in 2010 and deported him in 2015. He returned and was expelled by the immigration authority in 2017, but he managed to re-enter illegally.

After his capture, Gutiérrez Sánchez made contradictory statements in the media and through his lawyer. He said he was sympathetic to Islam, but that he was not from the Islamic State, that he only contacted them to get money.

He then claimed that he worked for an unknown faction called Movimiento Justiciero 51, allegedly financed by the Colombian far right and Cuban exiles in Miami, and that his mission was to attack the Cuban embassy in Bogotá; the leader of the Farc party, Rodrigo Londoño ("Timochenko"); and the then presidential candidate of the left, Gustavo Petro.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 300