It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: How often do International Airports shut down?!  (Read 5614 times)

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: How often do International Airports shut down?!
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 09:12:56 AM »

I guess that's the same everywhere eh. Sucks you  and yoru chick had to split. I'm assuming you wasn't able to get residency while you were married or didn't have a means to support yourself. Are you ever going back?

I left because I broke up with my Peruvian girlfriend. Now I am back in Belgium (I am Belgian).

Is Peru a good place to live? Well, it depends. It is still a 3rd world country with a lot of problems (like very high crime levels) but I enjoyed my time there. There are good areas in Peru (the wealthier parts of Lima: Miraflores, Barranco, San Isidro, La Molina, etc.) where you feel like you are in a developed country and they are fairly safe as well. Outside of Lima Peru is still fairly undeveloped, but personally I don't mind that. I do think most people from the US or Western Europe wouldn't like to live there though.

You will find good and bad people in Peru, just like everywhere else really. I made some good friends and met nice women there as well, but there are also plenty of not so nice Peruvians.

Offline Gavan

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 09:31:02 AM »
I guess that's the same everywhere eh. Sucks you  and yoru chick had to split. I'm assuming you wasn't able to get residency while you were married or didn't have a means to support yourself. Are you ever going back?

I will probably go back in the future. Maybe not to live full time, but certainly to visit. 

Offline Dan Las Vegas

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 02:24:09 PM »
my flight from Lima to Trujillo was approx $150 round trip and this was purchased in lima.  I liked Trujillo very much and also the beach in Huanchaco which is a short bus ride from Trujillo.

Gavin, I think it was a Cruz del sur bus that I took, the price was quite cheap as well and I'd be happy taking this same bus again if I ever return to Trujillo.

Dan LV

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 02:24:09 PM »

Offline Gavan

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 03:29:04 PM »
my flight from Lima to Trujillo was approx $150 round trip and this was purchased in lima.  I liked Trujillo very much and also the beach in Huanchaco which is a short bus ride from Trujillo.

Yeah, Huanchaco is nice. The ride from Trujillo takes about about 15 minutes by taxi, 30 or so if you take a "micro" (small bus). If Kai decides to go to Trujillo he should probably stay there. It is safe and there are lots of hotels and hostels there.

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 05:09:11 PM »

Time dictates, I try to give every country an equal chance. I don't want to spread myself thin buy trying to do too much. I won't get anything by trying to do everything

Yeah, Huanchaco is nice. The ride from Trujillo takes about about 15 minutes by taxi, 30 or so if you take a "micro" (small bus). If Kai decides to go to Trujillo he should probably stay there. It is safe and there are lots of hotels and hostels there.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 448