It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Hong Kong- General Tidbits and Advice  (Read 2128 times)

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
Hong Kong- General Tidbits and Advice
« on: September 06, 2018, 08:23:17 AM »
Haven't posted for awhile and thought I would drop a few sentences about my experiences from living in Hong Kong and my views on the pinays that live and work here.

I am presently working in Hong Kong, been here for 7 or 8 years (2011 to 2018)  in addition to Vietnam and Mainland China, so I think my perspective is pretty spot on, and these are my personal observations and opinions, I don't speak for anyone but myself.

For any members who have any South East Asian experience, you may be already aware the huge number of available/single pinays that live in HK and work as domestic workers.

Hong Kong is really the economic and cultural center of SE Asia. 
For Americans coming here you will instantly fit into the city life, its very similar to NYC.  The subway MTR makes it very easy to explore and get around and because everything by law is dual English/Chinese there is no issues with understanding signs, advertising, bus routes, etc.

I would suggest for newbies that they explore this Hong Kong option when searching for a filipina.

Why?

Several Positive Reasons

1. Hong Kong is easy to get to and no issues about personal safety, domestic travel and the chaos that is the Philippines.

2. The HK pinays have a job!!  This may seem a minor point, but when you are dealing with a pinay in the province or in Manila, Cebu or Davao, money or lack of is always a big issue.  Even tho most of the HK pinays are sending remittance home, they still will have a bit of cash in their pockets and will generally not view you as an ATM Machine.

3. HK pinays are over 25, this is a requirement to work here.  Typically the more experienced Domestic workers end up here having worked in Dubai, Singapore, Kuwait or Qatar before arriving to HK.  I find the average age here of single DW is around 30.

4. Chinese like to hire the most attractive pinays.  You will find some pretty attractive filipinas in HK and in southern China.  On Sunday the eye candy can be pretty impressive.

5. Pinays here are exposed and more cultured.  Hong Kong allows the filipinas to see the world and experience life outside of their province.  This experience goes a long way towards making her more well rounded as a suitable mate.  This type of exposure is always a positive.  Hong Kong is a free society, very safe, clean and allows the pinays to really enjoy their lives and most are extremely happy working here unlike the ones working the the restricted muslim middle east.

6. There are over 200,000+ pinays working in HK, most single.  The odds pretty high a man will find a potential pinay wife here!

Some Negatives

1. Older pinays (Over 25) will probably have at least 1 child, about 60% to 70%

2. Some pinays here are married legally in the Philippines and are supporting a bf or husband loser.  While you can have a great time here with the pinay you can't marry her, there is a very slim chance she will or can afford a divorce. so you have to search a bit and find one that is legally single.

2. About 10% of DW here are part time hookers unfortunately.  On their holiday they make extra cash selling sex.  So you really have to be diligent when you search.  Prostitution is legal in HK so many DW don't view this as an issue.  But if you are looking for a wife, you don't want to latch on to a pinay who has many many miles on her clock selling her wares.

3. You will be limited to seeing your pinay on her Sunday day off (holiday) or whatever day off she is allowed and she will have a curfew at night, typically 7pm, sometimes later, 8pm or 9pm if you are lucky.  To me this is a one of the major negatives because it very difficult to really get to know a pinay in HK unless you are spending a month there.  and, Realistically, in a month you will see her 4 times, that sucks.

A side note: Wrap it up.  STD's are an issue everywhere so this warning is not specific to Hong Kong.  You may meet a really nice pinay and come to HK and do your thing with her.  But rest assured, after you leave, another potential suitor may/will arrive and sample her wares, or you are following behind another suitor?

I divide HK Domestic workers into 2 general categories

-Good Girl Pinays who are just here to work, go to church on their day off (holiday) usually on Sunday, or hiking, or hang out in Central.  They may sign up on a dating site and are genuinely looking for a husband. The vast majority of single pinays (75%) fall into this category so that's why I suggest HK as a destination for your pinay wife search.  Good Girl Pinays are not really using the dating websites and much.

-Fun Girl Pinays who are similar to above but have a naughty streak in them.  They would have had at least 1 foreigner bf here in HK and sometimes go to the okie (karaoke) bars in Central, wanchai and LKF nightclubs, drink and party until time for curfew and return home.  If your pinay fits the above, these indicators are your red flags, I would avoid them because they may have many many miles on the clock and they tend to be drunks and possible part time domestic worker hookers. A smaller percentage (25%) but not insignificant number of pinays in HK fall into this category.  Unfortunately this category are the largest number on the dating websites.

As a side note, just some info on the real Prostitute/Hooker pinays in HK, there are 2 types,

1. the first are residents of HK and work in Wanchai and LKF at the bars dancing or hosting.

2. The second  are travelling from the Philippines or Macau and set up shop in a hotel room or condo for months, sell sex until visa runs out or until they are deported for working without a work permit and return Philippines

Overall, I think the positives outweigh the negatives, which make Hong Kong an excellent place to meet a quality pinay for potential gf and marriage. 

Hope these general tidbits help on your search for a gf and future wife.

ZKG

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Wildstubby

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Hong Kong- General Tidbits and Advice
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 04:50:54 PM »
Nice report NKG. There was a time when I was considering actually going to the PI to meet a 'pinay' but what stopped me was the fact I would spend almost 3 days total air time. That didn't seem appealing at all. So I decided to stay in my own hemisphere. Right now, I am glad I did.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 06:50:56 PM »
Haven't posted for awhile and thought I would drop a few sentences about my experiences from living in Hong Kong and my views on the pinays that live and work here.

I am presently working in Hong Kong, been here for 7 or 8 years (2011 to 2018)  in addition to Vietnam and Mainland China, so I think my perspective is pretty spot on, and these are my personal observations and opinions, I don't speak for anyone but myself.

For any members who have any South East Asian experience, you may be already aware the huge number of available/single pinays that live in HK and work as domestic workers.

Hong Kong is really the economic and cultural center of SE Asia. 
For Americans coming here you will instantly fit into the city life, its very similar to NYC.  The subway MTR makes it very easy to explore and get around and because everything by law is dual English/Chinese there is no issues with understanding signs, advertising, bus routes, etc.

I would suggest for newbies that they explore this Hong Kong option when searching for a filipina.

Why?

Several Positive Reasons

1. Hong Kong is easy to get to and no issues about personal safety, domestic travel and the chaos that is the Philippines.

2. The HK pinays have a job!!  This may seem a minor point, but when you are dealing with a pinay in the province or in Manila, Cebu or Davao, money or lack of is always a big issue.  Even tho most of the HK pinays are sending remittance home, they still will have a bit of cash in their pockets and will generally not view you as an ATM Machine.

3. HK pinays are over 25, this is a requirement to work here.  Typically the more experienced Domestic workers end up here having worked in Dubai, Singapore, Kuwait or Qatar before arriving to HK.  I find the average age here of single DW is around 30.

4. Chinese like to hire the most attractive pinays.  You will find some pretty attractive filipinas in HK and in southern China.  On Sunday the eye candy can be pretty impressive.

5. Pinays here are exposed and more cultured.  Hong Kong allows the filipinas to see the world and experience life outside of their province.  This experience goes a long way towards making her more well rounded as a suitable mate.  This type of exposure is always a positive.  Hong Kong is a free society, very safe, clean and allows the pinays to really enjoy their lives and most are extremely happy working here unlike the ones working the the restricted muslim middle east.

6. There are over 200,000+ pinays working in HK, most single.  The odds pretty high a man will find a potential pinay wife here!

Some Negatives

1. Older pinays (Over 25) will probably have at least 1 child, about 60% to 70%

2. Some pinays here are married legally in the Philippines and are supporting a bf or husband loser.  While you can have a great time here with the pinay you can't marry her, there is a very slim chance she will or can afford a divorce. so you have to search a bit and find one that is legally single.

2. About 10% of DW here are part time hookers unfortunately.  On their holiday they make extra cash selling sex.  So you really have to be diligent when you search.  Prostitution is legal in HK so many DW don't view this as an issue.  But if you are looking for a wife, you don't want to latch on to a pinay who has many many miles on her clock selling her wares.

3. You will be limited to seeing your pinay on her Sunday day off (holiday) or whatever day off she is allowed and she will have a curfew at night, typically 7pm, sometimes later, 8pm or 9pm if you are lucky.  To me this is a one of the major negatives because it very difficult to really get to know a pinay in HK unless you are spending a month there.  and, Realistically, in a month you will see her 4 times, that sucks.

A side note: Wrap it up.  STD's are an issue everywhere so this warning is not specific to Hong Kong.  You may meet a really nice pinay and come to HK and do your thing with her.  But rest assured, after you leave, another potential suitor may/will arrive and sample her wares, or you are following behind another suitor?

I divide HK Domestic workers into 2 general categories

-Good Girl Pinays who are just here to work, go to church on their day off (holiday) usually on Sunday, or hiking, or hang out in Central.  They may sign up on a dating site and are genuinely looking for a husband. The vast majority of single pinays (75%) fall into this category so that's why I suggest HK as a destination for your pinay wife search.  Good Girl Pinays are not really using the dating websites and much.

-Fun Girl Pinays who are similar to above but have a naughty streak in them.  They would have had at least 1 foreigner bf here in HK and sometimes go to the okie (karaoke) bars in Central, wanchai and LKF nightclubs, drink and party until time for curfew and return home.  If your pinay fits the above, these indicators are your red flags, I would avoid them because they may have many many miles on the clock and they tend to be drunks and possible part time domestic worker hookers. A smaller percentage (25%) but not insignificant number of pinays in HK fall into this category.  Unfortunately this category are the largest number on the dating websites.

As a side note, just some info on the real Prostitute/Hooker pinays in HK, there are 2 types,

1. the first are residents of HK and work in Wanchai and LKF at the bars dancing or hosting.

2. The second  are travelling from the Philippines or Macau and set up shop in a hotel room or condo for months, sell sex until visa runs out or until they are deported for working without a work permit and return Philippines

Overall, I think the positives outweigh the negatives, which make Hong Kong an excellent place to meet a quality pinay for potential gf and marriage. 

Hope these general tidbits help on your search for a gf and future wife.

ZKG

Z. K. G.-- Great post and super to see you back!! How's married life? Same lovely lady you were involved with when you were regularly posting  here before?

Yes, H. K. on a Sunday is Pinay heaven. I'm pretty sure with the sheer numbers of them there, that there's a LOT of good choices.

But the smaller percent of the 'not so good' choices really warrants careful screening, as you indicate.

A Filipina who's an angel back home--subject to the scrutiny of her fellow Filipinos, well--in H.K., she no longer has that kind of peer, social pressure to conform. Sort of like a USA Pollly Anna, goody two shoes who goes off to college and goes wild with new freedoms, and 'loses her way'

But a Filipina who had her head together, her values ingrained, probably would not have issues. that way.

But I remember some very attractive Filipinas who epitomized the adage : "Work hard, party harder" - and I'd see them partying via cam--the sex, booze and craziness.

But like anywhere, it boils down to sorting them out. Takes time. And the sheer numbers help a guy to find a gem if he puts in the work.

Funny, last week my wife just got back from three weeks with her Filipino family. She took them all around H. K., they did the mandatory H. K. Disneyland pilgrimage of course, and then went to Macau.

They said the people in H. K. were pretty cold to them, but that the folks in Macau (which does 4 or 5 times the gambling revenues of Vegas and Atlantic City combined!!) , were a lot friendlier.

Weather in H. K. in the summer is pretty awful, very hot, wet and windy--but it was the only time that worked for the extended family to all go together.

Again, great to see you posting--you bring intelligence and experience that's rare to find.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 06:50:56 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats