It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Is this crazy?  (Read 29388 times)

Offline MariaJBueno

• Colombia´s #1 Matchmaker
    • Exclusive Colombian Matchmaker
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Is this crazy?
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2018, 05:24:58 PM »
Really watch out for the ones that "want to start their own business"

Usually is code for " I have stupid ideas to waste money on, and I need some dumb gringo to help me out by giving me his money to waste on this nonsense"

Couldn't have said better myself.   ;)
Let me personally help you find your Colombian queen today, and save you a lot of time, money, and heartache from dating the wrong women: 
www.ExclusiveColombianMatchmaker.com
----------------
Let's Talk!
http://bit.ly/2NRwsHG
Follow Me:
IG: @colombianmatchmaker
CH: @matchmakercol

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2018, 10:01:34 PM »
Thanks, all, for you kind words. I've got a call out to Jamie at Latin Introductions to see about availability in January. My hope is to get down there, be able to tell "my story" and go from there. This forum is great and I appreciate everyone's input and discussion. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Assuming Jaime's is the same as it once was, you will have a lot of incredibly attractive women in front of you.  At your age of 30, you are going to likely be golden.  All this will be intoxicating so knowing that in advance, perhaps you can prepare yourself to not get too carried away with the first lady you find attractive at the expense of at least taking a look at a few others.   

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2018, 09:10:51 AM »
I still dont know why you didnt have any luck or
experience with wmen  in Japan.

Very cute women there.most beautiful.of all.the Asian women.Very feminin, not spoiled by feminism, and not third World desperate

You are a young guy, not n old farts like some of us here.What happened?
Care to elaborate?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2018, 09:10:51 AM »

Offline ag1987

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2018, 04:45:18 PM »
Fair question, elexpat.

Okinawa was a great tour. 2 years there with some of the best snorkelinging anyone could ask for. It is much different than mainland Japan, though, as it is the poorest prefecture. Okinawans are some of the most prideful people, almost to a fault. I dated a few, but never found one who was thinking long-term. The guys that I know who are happily married to an Okinawan are ones who met them at the tail-end of their military careers and were able to extend their time on island until they were retirement-eligible and then went ahead and retired on island.

I'd go back again someday, for sure.

Offline ag1987

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2018, 04:44:35 PM »
Update: Looks like my profile has been sent out to the women I screened - my understanding is the "last updated" on the woman's profile means that 1) they stopped by the office 2) they were contacted 3) ?? - while it doesn't really mean anything, will be interesting to see who would like to meet me in person when I head down there. I'm doing my best to resist wanting to write to them - meeting in person is how I want to do this.

Hope everyone is having a solid week.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2018, 10:26:06 PM »
Update: Looks like my profile has been sent out to the women I screened - my understanding is the "last updated" on the woman's profile means that 1) they stopped by the office 2) they were contacted 3) ?? - while it doesn't really mean anything, will be interesting to see who would like to meet me in person when I head down there. I'm doing my best to resist wanting to write to them - meeting in person is how I want to do this.

Hope everyone is having a solid week.

Last updated (at least when I was still using the agency) usually meant the last time they spoke with the girl over the phone. They will ask them about their relationship status to make sure they’re still single, contact info verification, etc. Believe it or not a lot of these girls lose their phones frequently and have to get new numbers, forget the passwords to their email/social media accounts then create new ones and Jamie does an awesome job at trying to keep all their info up to date. Keep in mind though that many of these women are extremely flaky. One will agree to meet you before you get there, then completely ghost the agency when you arrive. Another thing that happened to me was girls that turned me down during the pre-trip selection process saw me in person and were suddenly interested. Jamie will put as many women in front of you as possible. Some that chose you. Others that may not have even been on the site. Myself and a lot of other guys I met down there actually tapped out. Like, “that’s enough!! I don’t want to meet anyone else!!” DON’T DO THAT!!! It’s a numbers game and that’s why his system works. The more you meet, the more likely you are to genuinely click with someone. You may spend two weeks there, meet 15 girls, then meet your dream girl 7 or 8 days in because she couldn’t get off work before that.

My recommendation: Don’t contact anyone before you go down. You can email, call, facetime...WHATEVER!!! Then when you get there and you and the girl are actually in each other’s presence, no chemistry at all!!! Or even worse...you’re totally into her and she’s not feeling you or vice versa!! Don’t build up any false hopes online. There is no substitute for one on one, in person contact and communication.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2018, 10:46:57 PM »
Last updated (at least when I was still using the agency) usually meant the last time they spoke with the girl over the phone. They will ask them about their relationship status to make sure they’re still single, contact info verification, etc. Believe it or not a lot of these girls lose their phones frequently and have to get new numbers, forget the passwords to their email/social media accounts then create new ones and Jamie does an awesome job at trying to keep all their info up to date. Keep in mind though that many of these women are extremely flaky. One will agree to meet you before you get there, then completely ghost the agency when you arrive. Another thing that happened to me was girls that turned me down during the pre-trip selection process saw me in person and were suddenly interested. Jamie will put as many women in front of you as possible. Some that chose you. Others that may not have even been on the site. Myself and a lot of other guys I met down there actually tapped out. Like, “that’s enough!! I don’t want to meet anyone else!!” DON’T DO THAT!!! It’s a numbers game and that’s why his system works. The more you meet, the more likely you are to genuinely click with someone. You may spend two weeks there, meet 15 girls, then meet your dream girl 7 or 8 days in because she couldn’t get off work before that.

My recommendation: Don’t contact anyone before you go down. You can email, call, facetime...WHATEVER!!! Then when you get there and you and the girl are actually in each other’s presence, no chemistry at all!!! Or even worse...you’re totally into her and she’s not feeling you or vice versa!! Don’t build up any false hopes online. There is no substitute for one on one, in person contact and communication.
What Benjio said.... and what Jaime writes on his website about coastal colombian culture is aff pot on too...

Offline Wildstubby

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2018, 05:21:41 AM »
Having spent more time with costeñas than piasas or rolas, I tend to agree. I kind of wish I would have known about Jaime's website in the beginning. But then I feel I found a pretty good one here in Ibague.

Offline ag1987

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2018, 01:18:59 PM »

Great gouge, benjio. Many of the profiles I sent back to Jamie are now updated with very recent dates, despite some being 3+ months old per "last updated". Looks like a couple have fallen off the site...probably found someone or are not interested in being in the agency anymore. Your last sentence is spot on, for sure.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »

Great gouge, benjio. Many of the profiles I sent back to Jamie are now updated with very recent dates, despite some being 3+ months old per "last updated". Looks like a couple have fallen off the site...probably found someone or are not interested in being in the agency anymore. Your last sentence is spot on, for sure.
True story. My wife was skyping for months with a gringo who ultimately visited Barranquilla. The moment she met him in person she felt no chimica. She felt he was way more attractive on skype than in person and that was the end of the relationship....  There is no substitute for meeting people in person...

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2018, 01:45:59 PM »
True story. My wife was skyping for months with a gringo who ultimately visited Barranquilla. The moment she met him in person she felt no chimica. She felt he was way more attractive on skype than in person and that was the end of the relationship....  There is no substitute for meeting people in person...

Even worse case with the women..what with foto stop and whatever.
Some cal May look really.hot on Instagram..but in real.life..what a horrible ogre

Offline ag1987

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2018, 07:18:17 PM »
Hope you all had/are enjoying the holiday. Spending time with my folks in FL - enjoying the warm weather as compared to Virginia.

Jamie sent me his travel guide (very comprehensive and echoes the comments made here by you all) and said he'd update me on profile responses sometime this week. I find myself checking e-mail a bit more than I normally would...ugh. Excited but also trying to stay calm, the trip is still just under a couple months from now...

Offline buenopues4

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2018, 02:49:04 PM »
Sounds promising. He's a pretty good photographer and probably takes the pictures of the girls himself.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2018, 02:49:04 PM »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2018, 02:07:28 PM »
Hope you all had/are enjoying the holiday. Spending time with my folks in FL - enjoying the warm weather as compared to Virginia.

Jamie sent me his travel guide (very comprehensive and echoes the comments made here by you all) and said he'd update me on profile responses sometime this week. I find myself checking e-mail a bit more than I normally would...ugh. Excited but also trying to stay calm, the trip is still just under a couple months from now...

HA!!!! Man I remember that feeling. Try to stay calm though. You’ll have to get used to the fact that there’s no such thing as a sense of urgency in Latin America. The culture simply doesn’t take time that seriously. 8 o’clock to them means Anytime in between 9 and 11:30. It just is what it is. Even if you try to complain they won’t respond well and bitching about the value of your time in Colombia will actually get you labeled as an a$$hole. Jamie and his staff will continue to follow up and follow up and follow up again but these women move at their own pace. Also keep in mind that the approaching holidays will probably only delay responses further. Girls will be spending time with family and friends, enjoying their time off work and/or studies. Responding to agency emails will probably be the last of their concerns right now.

I might be wrong...who knows. Just my experience with the culture this time of year.

Now let me give you another little tidbit. I’m sure you sent Jamie a detailed description of yourself and answered all the profile questions he sent you. Here’s the thing though. I’d say 80% of the chicks don’t read all of what you wrote or don’t read any of it!! They look at your photo and decide in a couple of seconds. Any woman you date or are introduced to during a meeting that references something specific from your profile is someone you probably want to pay extra special attention to (if you’re attracted to her of course). There are so many reasons why I say this but I’m sure you can guess the most important ones.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 02:12:56 PM by benjio »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2018, 04:04:31 PM »
Ha, sounds like life where my wife's from--especially when you get out in the provinces. 'Time' is either daytime or nighttime.  "Schedule?"---good luck. "Hopefully this week or sometime this month" are common refrains.

Weather wise,  it's either hot OR cold, rainy OR dry.

They don't sweat about stuff they can't change or if it really doesn't matter a whole lot either way.

Meanwhile, in the USA, the MOST watched channel is the Weather Channel.

Even in Manila and other major cities, parades and many "official" events rarely start close to any exactly 'scheduled' time.

Delays in getting professional educational, professional exam results and certification permits back are beyond ridiculous. That land exists in it's  own time warp zone....
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2018, 04:55:26 PM »
HA!!!! Man I remember that feeling. Try to stay calm though. You’ll have to get used to the fact that there’s no such thing as a sense of urgency in Latin America. The culture simply doesn’t take time that seriously. 8 o’clock to them means Anytime in between 9 and 11:30. It just is what it is. Even if you try to complain they won’t respond well and bitching about the value of your time in Colombia will actually get you labeled as an a$$hole. Jamie and his staff will continue to follow up and follow up and follow up again but these women move at their own pace. Also keep in mind that the approaching holidays will probably only delay responses further. Girls will be spending time with family and friends, enjoying their time off work and/or studies. Responding to agency emails will probably be the last of their concerns right now.

I might be wrong...who knows. Just my experience with the culture this time of year.

Now let me give you another little tidbit. I’m sure you sent Jamie a detailed description of yourself and answered all the profile questions he sent you. Here’s the thing though. I’d say 80% of the chicks don’t read all of what you wrote or don’t read any of it!! They look at your photo and decide in a couple of seconds. Any woman you date or are introduced to during a meeting that references something specific from your profile is someone you probably want to pay extra special attention to (if you’re attracted to her of course). There are so many reasons why I say this but I’m sure you can guess the most important ones.
Yeah, remember you are paying to travel and for Jaime's services.  These chicas don't have the same investment (actually nothing except their time). And as Benjio said  quimica is very important.  They live for the moment and will know instantly whether they are attracted to you....

Offline buenopues4

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2018, 05:43:10 PM »
Ditto comments above. The girls on the cupido sitse rarely read a guy's profile page. Don't spend a lot of time on that.

Offline ag1987

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2018, 06:58:57 PM »

Great to log in and see so much activity in the thread! I received an e-mail from Jamie earlier this afternoon with a nice spreadsheet of the selections I made a couple weeks ago (18 days, actually). I wound up choosing 29 profiles, 22 are in Barranquilla and the remainder from other cities within Colombia. Of these:

14 are not interested, 14 are, and 1 is evidently "unavailable". Kudos to Jamie as the "unavailable" gal is now no longer appearing on the website.

Of the 14 who are interested, 8 are from Barranquilla and 6 are outside the area. I'll send messages to those 6, converse with and get to know them, then decide if I'd like to meet them in person when I am there in January. I'm pleasantly surprised to see just how cheap airfare is within country (< $100 RT) should one or more of these be intriguing after talking a bit.

Things moving along!

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2018, 11:28:20 PM »

Years ago I considered using Jamie's agency.
I sent him 50 bucks, pics of myself along with personal info. and list of the women I was interested in.

When he got back to me with the women that were interested in seeing me. I decided not to go.
None of the women I was really attracted to were interested in meeting me and I was doing better in Cali than the ones that did want to meet me.

The only thing I can say about Jaime's agency is that he is honest.....he could have easily bait and switched me if he wanted to.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2018, 11:33:20 PM »
Great to log in and see so much activity in the thread! I received an e-mail from Jamie earlier this afternoon with a nice spreadsheet of the selections I made a couple weeks ago (18 days, actually). I wound up choosing 29 profiles, 22 are in Barranquilla and the remainder from other cities within Colombia. Of these:

14 are not interested, 14 are, and 1 is evidently "unavailable". Kudos to Jamie as the "unavailable" gal is now no longer appearing on the website.

Of the 14 who are interested, 8 are from Barranquilla and 6 are outside the area. I'll send messages to those 6, converse with and get to know them, then decide if I'd like to meet them in person when I am there in January. I'm pleasantly surprised to see just how cheap airfare is within country (< $100 RT) should one or more of these be intriguing after talking a bit.

Things moving along!

From what's been posted here, it appears that if you're of open mind (and it sounds like you are) you can solicit Jamie's opinion, meaning get his 'read' on how a particular girl he knows sizes up, based on her 'particulars,' what he knows about you and how suitable one gal VS another might be for you.

While not sure of who's helping with translation services  lately, but I've even heard that person has been similarly helpful in the past.

Sometimes even the most experienced, well traveled guys can lose a bit of objectivity when a super lovely woman turns on her charms....Also, of course on first dates, inevitably we're all on somewhat artifical 'best behavior' ~~ all 'acting' out in a bit of a 'la la' land atmosphere.

So having an additional objective person/s to hopefully offer reality checks, can be useful.

Pretty valuable intel---you're paying for it, might as well utilize it!!

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2018, 03:17:12 PM »

Things moving along!

Maybe you should look at some others and try and get the numbers up for the girls  inside Baranquilla ...to acount for last minute "flaking"..

Its always much more pressure going down just for a week.or two. If you live permanently or several months at léast in Colombia..you can do your own thing and meet girls on the side..2 or.3 a week..in a year you.might have met a  hundred and had a few relationships  along the way so you get to.know the culture , the women and what you want.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 03:19:14 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline ag1987

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2018, 04:04:25 PM »
That is a concern of mine, expat. I asked Jamie if these girls who said yes know I am coming in January and planned to be at the intro event...I assume so, as I put it on my profile but who knows how much they actually read. Agree that being > 30 days away, there's a chance for something else to come up or someone else to come along.

For any that used Jamie's service, were any of your selections from out of the area? Did you wind up meeting any of them in BAQ? His suggestion was to email and correspond with them to see if there is a desire to fly them to BAQ...

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2018, 11:09:24 AM »
His suggestion was to email and correspond with them to see if there is a desire to fly them to BAQ...

When I read that last line I was thinking isn't this like flying in some ice to the Inuit?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2018, 11:09:24 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2018, 11:10:02 AM »
With all the flakes, and some from the agency will probably be 'no shows', try and have back up options at all times, places. Time allowing, and it appears you've checked prices, check time logistics to travel outside of BQ if you have time aside of time your're paying to utilize agency.

It's increasingly slim pickings online , but having contact info for women there that you've met online never hurts either. I've had to make changes 'on the fly' right before flying and even during multi week stays abroad whilst already there and I was certainly happy that I'd cultivated online friendships abroad beforehand.

I've gone abroad with one woman as a 1st choice, then realized 'wrong choice' and in the span of a couple weeks, ferried and flied to multiple cities, islands, etc. As you indicated, the price of travel once you're there, is so comparitively low, you might as well do some, errr 'sight seeing' anyway!

Love, relationships are like lightning, you never know where,  how or when you're  gonna  get hit.

But maximizing your exposure doesn't hurt. Be careful, but maintain an open mind regarding options.

'A friend of a friend' proved to be my golden opportunity.

Word up: Regardless, you're probably going to need a vacation after this vacation!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:36:54 PM by robert angel »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2018, 02:16:26 PM »
Take a flight to Medellín if there are girls there.

Enjoy the city. Take girls with you to show you.around.

Get back Up.girls on the Cupid sites

Also Cartagena and Santa Marta are close..can take a bus there..or bus the chicas in

You realize B'quilla  is the ugliest city in Colombia right?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 02:18:27 PM by Elexpatriado »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864