It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Spotting the scammers and gold diggers on the Cupid sites  (Read 32905 times)

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Spotting the scammers and gold diggers on the Cupid sites
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 01:29:06 PM »
I do not get my feeling hurt at all, I just move on, her loss not mine! that is the best way to be to overcome it. Way to many decent ladies there to be wasting my time on someone who cannot be bothered to reply, more so when you see her online in whatsapp and 2 days later she still aint replied, now tell me that is not ignorant!!!

There will come a time when you are going to be forced to take several significant risks and accept a level of opportunity costs to achieve your goal if you're determined to find a wife in Latin America. No young, single, exceptionally attractive, educated woman in Colombia is going to chase you simply because you've shown interest and exchanged contact information. Does it work that way in the U.K. with beautiful women? If so I wish I would have saved myself the trouble of learning two entirely different languages and just took a trip across the pond. The rules of the dating game don't change just because you're in Latin America and a foreigner. There's just a much better chance a winning big. In knowing that you have to accept the fact that "putting yourself out there" is a requirement. My father used to tell me, "If a woman is worth your time, there are plenty of other men that are going to realize she's worth theirs as well!" So what the prettiest girls get hundreds of messages on CC. Throw your ballot in the box and see what happens. A few years ago I somehow managed to land a date with a STUNNING masterpiece in Bogota I was sure was a working girl. Even the bartender was giving me the thumbs up. Turns out she was just some hot, rich chick that wanted something to do that night. We're friends until this very day.

Physical beauty isn't enough for me anymore. There's too much of it in countries like Colombia and Brazil and the bottomline is it can be purchased. But when I got to understand the culture better, and gave some women the opportunity to show me who they truly were inside, I found some of them were worth much more consideration than I previously thought. Certainly more than enough to give her the benefit of the doubt for not replying to a Whatsapp message within a time frame deemed "interest worthy." Years before I met my girlfriend I was dating a girl in Brazil that didn't make enough money to pay for wireless data on her cell phone. It's very expensive there. We only spoke during the day when she used the wifi at her job. Initially she didn't tell me about not being able to afford data because we had just met. Women that are truly interested in you will very rarely bring up their financial situation until things get serious. We weren't EVER speaking in the evening though. I would send messages and she would remain silent, so I kind of assumed she either had a boyfriend or maybe something else was going on. The point is I didn't jump to any conclusions and completely cut her off. There was no reason to. I was dating a few other girls...nothing serious. Just having fun. As I got to know this girl better I understood her situation and we actually dated for a while. Ultimately things sort of fizzled out but that's the natural process of finding someone that's right for you. Always take cultural and economic factors into consideration with these girls because you just don't know and you could be missing out on something special.

I'm not saying sit around and wait for a girl to reply to your messages on Whatsapp. I'm just saying don't take it so seriously when they don't. Don't block her! Leave her number there and go after the next one. Who knows what could happen in the future. Awesome made a great point in an earlier post. The kind of attention a girl has to give you to meet your standards of genuine interest is only going to come from the kind of woman you don't want!!! Otherwise, if you want a winner, you just might have to bite the bullet and do some chasing and charming. The only time chasing isn't fun is when you're only chasing one woman. Until you find one that's replying to those Whatsapp messages before you can hit Send, try chasing as many as you have time for! You'll thank me later on.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:34:37 PM by benjio »

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 01:41:57 PM »

There will come a time when you are going to be forced to take several significant risks and accept a level of opportunity costs to achieve your goal if you're determined to find a wife in Latin America. No young, single, exceptionally attractive, educated woman in Colombia is going to chase you simply because you've shown interest and exchanged contact information. Does it work that way in the U.K. with beautiful women? If so I wish I would have saved myself the trouble of learning two entirely different languages and just took a trip across the pond. The rules of the dating game don't change just because you're in Latin America and a foreigner. There's just a much better chance a winning big. In knowing that you have to accept the fact that "putting yourself out there" is a requirement. My father used to tell me, "If a woman is worth your time, there are plenty of other men that are going to realize she's worth theirs as well!" So what the prettiest girls get hundreds of messages on CC. Throw your ballot in the box and see what happens. A few years ago I somehow managed to land a date with a STUNNING masterpiece in Bogota I was sure was a working girl. Even the bartender was giving me the thumbs up. Turns out she was just some hot, rich chick that wanted something to do that night. We're friends until this very day.

Physical beauty isn't enough for me anymore. There's too much of it in countries like Colombia and Brazil and the bottomline is it can be purchased. But when I got to understand the culture better, and gave some women the opportunity to show me who they truly were inside, I found some of them were worth much more consideration than I previously thought. Certainly more than enough to give her the benefit of the doubt for not replying to a Whatsapp message within a time frame deemed "interest worthy." Years before I met my girlfriend I was dating a girl in Brazil that didn't make enough money to pay for wireless data on her cell phone. It's very expensive there. We only spoke during the day when she used the wifi at her job. Initially she didn't tell me about not being able to afford data because we had just met. Women that are truly interested in you will very rarely bring up their financial situation until things get serious. We weren't EVER speaking in the evening though. I would send messages and she would remain silent, so I kind of assumed she either had a boyfriend or maybe something else was going on. The point is I didn't jump to any conclusions and completely cut her off. There was no reason to. I was dating a few other girls...nothing serious. Just having fun. As I got to know this girl better I understood her situation and we actually dated for a while. Ultimately things sort of fizzled out but that's the natural process of finding someone that's right for you. Always take cultural and economic factors into consideration with these girls because you just don't know and you could be missing out on something special.

I'm not saying sit around and wait for a girl to reply to your messages on Whatsapp. I'm just saying don't take it so seriously when they don't. Don't block her! Leave her number there and go after the next one. Who knows what could happen in the future. Awesome made a great point in an earlier post. The kind of attention a girl has to give you to meet your standards of genuine interest is only going to come from the kind of woman you don't want!!! Otherwise, if you want a winner, you just might have to bite the bullet and do some chasing and charming. The only time chasing isn't fun is when you're only chasing one woman. Until you find one that's replying to those Whatsapp messages before you can hit Send, try chasing as many as you have time for! You'll thank me later on.

great advice Benjio!!!!!

Offline Chris F

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 01:46:55 PM »

Just because you, as a person she doesn't know at all, aren't a main priority for her right this very second doesn't mean that you can't become a priority for her later on down the road.  You never know what the other persona is currently going through in their life.  Sometimes it takes time to realize that you want to focus your attention on a certain person.  And I don't know why you're worried about "wasting time" messaging women.  It only takes like 2 seconds to send a text message.

True that Awesome!! One of the many women who I wrote emails to in Lima, Peru first did not respond right away, and when she did, took about two weeks to respond back to my emails. She became my wife!!!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 01:46:55 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2016, 04:35:58 PM »

That is some good advice surely earned....I will add to that. Now that I am married it seems there are so many beautiful women and so little time. I am happy with my choice in a partner and monogamous (I can look at other women but not touch), but the perspective I have is because I am more relaxed and confident than when I was single... Even my wife comments on other women ogling me. I am 45 for goodness sake, way past my prime for looks. But there is something about a relaxed confident man that women find attractive...like others have said, I think you have to have fun with dating. Women in general aren't attracted to guys that are too uptight....

Offline Hector_Lavoe

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 05:22:52 PM »
^^ Also doesn't hurt to have a hot, exotic Colombiana by your side.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 06:29:39 PM »
^^ Also doesn't hurt to have a hot, exotic Colombiana by your side.
Definitely!

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2016, 02:51:38 AM »

I can honestly say Benjo that is the best advice I have ever been given on this forum and I sincerely mean that. It all makes sense now and I wil certainly chance my game plan.

Thanks again Benjo ;)

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2016, 07:06:37 AM »
Anyone who has used or is currently usuing eith of the cupid sites ,  when they send a message to a girl for the first time,  what have they written or said in the first message? 

I Suppose the key is to keep it short.

What I have noticed is many girls do not even read the message,  you can see if it has been read or not.  What you send a further message slightly different? 

If she has not read the message or viewed your profile it does not mean she is not interested,  how could she not if she has not even viewed your profile?

Offline fathertime

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2016, 08:01:00 AM »

If she has not read the message or viewed your profile it does not mean she is not interested,  how could she not if she has not even viewed your profile?

Hey Craig, If it were me, I wouldn't worry too much about anything on Cupid EXCEPT that I could set up a personal meeting.
 During such meeting, you can determine what the prospects are concerning a possible second meeting and/or anything more.
I don't know if that is a good approach, but I suspect that these ladies don't want or have the time to get bogged down with a bunch of writing when they are probably approached by 100's of men....just my hunch.

Fathertime!   
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2016, 08:30:42 AM »
  how could she not if she has not even viewed your profile?

Why don't you experiment yourself and write 'Busco para enviar dinero' in the description and see what happens :)

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2016, 11:34:09 AM »
Anyone who has used or is currently usuing eith of the cupid sites ,  when they send a message to a girl for the first time,  what have they written or said in the first message? 

What I have noticed is many girls do not even read the message,  you can see if it has been read or not.  What you send a further message slightly different? 

I just say hola or hello, that's it.  I don't message girls on cupid because I don't have any travel plans any time soon, but I still get plenty of messages from girls expecially girls who I sent "interest".  Usually if she a has sent you "inerest" she will definitely reply to your messages.  Prior to my last trip to Colombia I had a few girls messaging me on cupid but when I got there I never contacted any of them because I was meeting enough girls on my own I didn't have time to use cupid.

Facebook is much more useful for me than cupid.  It's more complicated, but more powerful.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2016, 03:02:57 PM »

Facebook is much more useful for me than cupid.  It's more complicated, but more powerful.

How were you using facebook to connect with ladies in Medellin? I assume friends of friends you've met on previous trips...as opposed to just approaching strangers on F.B.?

Offline buencamino3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2016, 04:09:51 PM »
Gato's suggestion is the one that would probably generate the most responses.
Hermosamente feliz

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2016, 04:09:51 PM »

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2016, 05:46:39 PM »

You vastly under estimate the desperation of the North American male compared to the relatively young and attractive Latina.

I have told this story before but I'll recount it again for your benefit.....I hooked up with a calena in Cali and let her move in....after living with her a couple of months....we started talking about Colombian Cupid and she said she had an account....so I asked her if I could see into her account just to see how the other side lives....she said OK.....I noticed that she hadn't been online in about four months.....she opened her account and I was shocked....she had over 800 unread messages. The vast majority from guys that will never leave their home town let alone travel to Colombia to meet a women.

Which brings me to what I say to women on Colombian Cupid....."You look like someone interesting and I would like to get to know you....I'm arriving in Medellin on March 23....Let me know if you will be available while I'm in town.".

That's it....I don't write women until I know when I'm going...but if she is really hot I will write her more than once because they get so much mail you might get lost in the shuffle. 

Offline buencamino3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2016, 07:00:31 PM »
I started looking at cupido again just because the bastards did automatic renewal on me. I thought I had that turned off but evidently not. I do now. Anyway what I've found in the past is that while the good looking ones get dozens or hundreds of messages that they don't read, they do read comments on their photos so that is the best way to get their attention.
Hermosamente feliz

Offline Chris F

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2016, 08:09:21 PM »

Which brings me to what I say to women on Colombian Cupid....."You look like someone interesting and I would like to get to know you....I'm arriving in Medellin on March 23....Let me know if you will be available while I'm in town.".

That's it....I don't write women until I know when I'm going...but if she is really hot I will write her more than once because they get so much mail you might get lost in the shuffle.

Calipro is spot on correct here CDR1974.  I never wrote women from South America unless I had already purchased my plane tickets. I then would start writing them about two months before my trip and did the exact same thing Calipro did. The response rate will always be better if you have an exact date when the women know your going to be there. 

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2016, 09:06:52 PM »

Calipro is spot on correct here CDR1974.  I never wrote women from South America unless I had already purchased my plane tickets. I then would start writing them about two months before my trip and did the exact same thing Calipro did. The response rate will always be better if you have an exact date when the women know your going to be there.
Exactly. Most guys never get on that plane so if you tell her you will be in town a specific date, that will distinguish you from 99 percent of the men on Cupid...

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2016, 09:25:10 PM »

What makes you think these women will meet you if you are going there?!  I remember my 1st month of cupid.... I had 2 women willingly to meet me, but when I got there, both of them had made excuses..... luckily I already have my own Plan A 

Offline Calipro

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2016, 10:50:04 PM »

What makes you think these women will meet you if you are going there?!  I remember my 1st month of cupid.... I had 2 women willingly to meet me, but when I got there, both of them had made excuses..... luckily I already have my own Plan A

i don't know that any particular woman is going to meet me from Colombian Cupid, Facebook or any other online source....all I can say is I have never struck out so bad that I didn't have anyone to go out with.....I have had last minute cancellations that have screwed me up from time to time.

I highly recommend getting women off of the dating sites and into your facebook as fast as possible.....much better format for getting the women comfortable with you which vastly diminishes the chances of a no show.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2016, 11:01:22 PM »
Exactly. Most guys never get on that plane so if you tell her you will be in town a specific date, that will distinguish you from 99 percent of the men on Cupid...

What is even worst than that..... is looking like some lonely heart trying to develop a serious relationship over the internet and putting it out there that you are coming just to see her. jajaja

Can't even imagine the kind of pressure that would place on a girl....it's no wonder they would flake.

Just writing women saying you are in Colombia and if you would like to meet up....has so much less pressure on it. And  you come across .......well.... less like a wife hunter and more like a normal guy.

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2016, 11:08:02 PM »

Excactly.  I was in Bogota only last month for 2 weeks.  I joined back up . On cupid a month before i travelled.  Told all the girls my arrival date.  I ended up with about 20 contacts in my whatsapp.  I kept in touch briefly with all and reminded them when i was there.

I met 6 , yes 6 out of the 20. All the others either never replied when i got there or made excuses after excuses.  It was unreal some of the lame excuses i heard. 
It was not as though i was only there a few days,  i was there for a full 2 weeks.

So it goes to show,  some of these girls have no real interest in meeting guys for real,  many just like thevsttention they receive......

I will stick my nevk out and based on my results,  i will say 40% of girls on cupid will not meet a guy for real,  similar to those guys who will never get on a plane and go doen there.  So it works both ways.

Maybe my results where effected by a comment i made to all whilst messaging them , " I am not interested in meeting anyone who is only interested in MONEY.".........  That probably got rid off most of the gold diggers straight away ;D

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2016, 11:10:52 PM »

What makes you think these women will meet you if you are going there?!  I remember my 1st month of cupid.... I had 2 women willingly to meet me

Only 2?
Wow that is some bad result using cupid.......

Offline Calipro

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2016, 11:16:22 PM »

Maybe my results where effected by a comment i made to all whilst messaging them , " I am not interested in meeting anyone who is only interested in MONEY.".........  That probably got rid off most of the gold diggers straight away ;D

Probably just made them think that you have hell of a lot of baggage and issues with women. LOL!

Who in their right mind would write something like that and what kind of woman would go out with a guy that had such a low of opinion of women in general that he would say it.

You would have been much better off by keeping your crazy ideas in you head.....and just dealing with a gold digger directly if you happened to run into one.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 12:54:49 AM by Calipro »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2016, 11:16:22 PM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2016, 11:46:29 PM »
Only 2?
Wow that is some bad result using cupid.......

I was on cupid only for 2 weeks prior to my arrival.   Anyway, one of them was willingly to meet me the NEXT TIME, and I arrived there on my 2nd visit, but did not bother to inform her cos I was already on date (my ex-novia).   she went mad on me LOL.  I told her that if she did not meet me the 1st time, why should I meet her next time! 

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2016, 11:51:45 PM »

" I am not interested in meeting anyone who is only interested in MONEY.".........  That probably got rid off most of the gold diggers straight away ;D

I have a contact who is from Dominican Republic.  What she doesn't realise that I knew she has 13,000+  Facebook friends.  Yesterday she told me that her birthday is on 5th September when I asked her.   I told her that mine is on 7th August.  I also asked what she wanted for her birthday.   She said that she wanted a laptop.

Guess what I replied to her?

I told her that if she remembers my birthday (already given her the date), I would certainly think about it.

I'll be damned if she will remember my birthday in 2 weeks time considering she has 13,000 FB friends, and I am NOT one of the 13,000 in her list.  I happen to add her FB in my favourite folder.  She posted photos everyday and around 1,000 'likes' daily  LOL

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 305