It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: 37 illegals found locked in a bedroom  (Read 8955 times)

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
Re: 37 illegals found locked in a bedroom
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2010, 11:57:54 AM »
Get your free "Illegal Immigration Guide" provided by the Mexican government. I wouldn't be surprised if your US tax dollars paid for it!

English translation, http://www.theamericanresistance.com/ref/brochure_translated_guia_del_migrante_mexico.html

The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline Shadow_mas

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2010, 02:45:44 PM »
        Look at the numbers of how many people enter the US illegally and you will probably see that the odds that the 37 found were tricked.The sort of thing you are talking about isn't very common and smugglers don't have to trick people when there are soooooo many that are willing to pay to come here illegally.The arguments for illegals is flimsy at best and to claim prejudice against those that oppose illegal immigration is a desperate attempt to quiet them.IMO, most people are more upset with the US government than the illegals themselves.

Just recently in a own near me a police officer was caught pulling illegals over and taking money from them.He knew they wouldn't tell on him so he was getting away with it until a sting was setup and he was caught.I was glad to hear he was caught and arrested. I also have heard of situations where employers of illegals will fire them and not pay their last paycheck because the illegals won't say anything.Part of the problem is that illegals are taken advantage of and exploited, because they are illegal.Just another reason illegal immigration should be taken more seriously and stopped.We certainly don't need any more BS ways that they can come here and stay.It is just motivates people to do things like pay someone to smuggle them here.

Researcher
As Researcher, perhaps you can give me the statistics on human smuggling vs other illegal entry, and include in that the ratio of smuggling knowing and unknowingly illegally ?

I always thought that in the US people were presumed innocent until proven guillty. It seems that for (illegal) immigrants that is not the case.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 03:56:57 PM »

Shadowmas, no one here needs statistics.Myself, I have enough personal experience, as others here do, to form an opinion not based on what I see on TV.

Researcher

Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 03:56:57 PM »

Offline Shadow_mas

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010, 04:24:44 PM »

Shadowmas, no one here needs statistics.Myself, I have enough personal experience, as others here do, to form an opinion not based on what I see on TV.

Researcher

Thanks for acknowledging you have nothing to go on but your own prejudice.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 04:44:51 PM »

Shadowmas, let me clarify my stance on the subject.The 37 illegal immigrants are here illegally.Whether they knew it beforehand doesn't matter, they should be deported.They shouldn't go to prison or hurt in anyway, only sent back to their own country.How is that prejudice?I have many friends from other countires who are here legally.I don't have a problem with them, they are my friends.People who came here illegally (regardless of where they are from) should be deported.How is that prejudice?

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2010, 04:57:07 PM »
Give it a few more years shadow, and you'll understand what we're doing through here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7564584.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7522612.stm

Multiply these issues by 20 for the US and 100 for border states like Arizona and California - plus consider that across most of the US's southern border there are no mountains, no seas and no fences - just open land.

Offline Ray

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2010, 06:25:31 PM »

Thanks for acknowledging you have nothing to go on but your own prejudice.

WHOA! Hold on just a minute there Shadow.

First, it isn’t up to the person making a point to provide statistical proof to back up his point. It’s up to the one questioning the point to dig up statistics in an attempt to disprove that point, so why don’t YOU find statistics yourself. Statistics don’t prove anything anyway, so why do you claim that he has nothing to go on?? Personal experiences are often worth as much or more than statistics.

And what’s this crap about “prejudice”? Prejudice against what, lawbreakers? Hell, I am prejudiced against arrogant Illegal Aliens Undocumented Democrats who flaunt our laws and steal from us for their own personal gain. So what? Do you have a problem with that?

If you are claiming that we are prejudiced against some particular race, then please take your leftist liberal talking points somewhere else where the readers are stupid enough to fall for that propaganda. You see, the liberals in America don’t have valid arguments to back up their support for amnesty for Illegal Aliens Undocumented Democrats, so their preferred pathetic tactic is to accuse anyone who doesn’t agree with them on this topic (and others) of being racist, bigoted, or racially prejudiced.

I think you have demonstrated your ignorance on the issue of illegal immigration in America and you are putting out pure nonsense that I strongly suspect that you picked up from the leftist media in our country, your country, or both. May I suggest that you do a little research of your own on the topic, and please don’t believe ANYTHING you hear on NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, or especially MSNBC because they all have a liberal agenda to push and they don’t hesitate to bend the truth to suit their own personal political biases?

Thank you,

Ray

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2010, 07:23:50 PM »

hmmm, I hear crickets.....OK Shadow if you want numbers here are some:

The United States of America is principally a transit and destination country for trafficking in persons. It is estimated that 14,500 to 17,500 people, primarily women and children, are trafficked to the U.S. annually.

There are an estimated half million illegal entries into the United States each year.

Now considering that most of the 37 were men I'd say they probably weren't trafficked.Not to mention that if they were the article would have been titled "37 victims of human smugglers found". You see illegal immigrant implies voluntarily crossing the border illegally which is totally different from being trafficked.

So now I'll ask where do you get the idea of prejudice from?

Researcher

Offline fathertime

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »
I do not think that criminals and those who enter a country illegally should be pampered or even be allowed to stay. Note that we have illegal immigrants and all their problems here as well, so  do not get me wrong.
What I would like to emphasize is that many human smugglers offer people a 'golden opportunity' like a work visa and job. People pay part upfront, and another part later.
As you might know such opportunities do exist (for instance in the medical field), so people might be led to believe they are entering legally and officially, until they get locked in a shed and forced to work illegal or pay off the rest of the money.

I have no sympathy for those who enter in it knowingly and willingly, but those who were scammed in to such a thing, and that does happen, should be assisted.

Now if I read that the US Government can impound the bank accounts of Osama Bin Laden in Switzerland, surely some Mexican low-life criminals could not escape similar treatment if someone really wanted...

Well Shadow mas,  I think these illegal immigrants know what they are getting into.  I realize there is the rare 'deer in the headlights' that might not have a clue.  Either way, they should not be rewarded with a visa. 
Regarding impounding of bank accounts, I don't if these guys have bank accounts and if they do, I doubt Mexico would let us just take their money.

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Dave H

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2010, 10:39:51 PM »
Prejudice?...parasites are parasites whether they invade a body or a country...are from North or South America, Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe, Antarctica or outer space! IMHO, they shouldn't have the same "rights" as US citizens! Illegals don't in most other countries! GUILTY!

Offline Dave H

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2010, 10:46:12 PM »
Well Shadow mas,  I think these illegal immigrants know what they are getting into. 

Fathertime!

Hey Fathertime,

They SURE DO! Most of their "trips" are paid for by relatives already living illegally in the US!

Dave

Offline fathertime

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2010, 10:38:46 AM »
Hey Fathertime,

They SURE DO! Most of their "trips" are paid for by relatives already living illegally in the US!

Dave
well dave, that makes sense, there is no way some farmhand in Honduras is going to have 25k saved up and sitting in a bank account.  if he did, why would he bother coming here?

Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Dave H

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2010, 11:27:35 AM »
well dave, that makes sense, there is no way some farmhand in Honduras is going to have 25k saved up and sitting in a bank account.  if he did, why would he bother coming here?

Fathertime!

I can not fathom how many lifetimes it would take the average person living in Haiti to come up with the money!

A certain, unnamed, former relative's family ::) paid $100,000 to smuggle 10 relatives from Cuba through Mexico to Texas. When they were passing around the collection plate a certain gringo  ::) wouldn't give them a friggin' peso...which made the gringo much less popular!

They couldn't fit all of the family members on the uncle's 43 foot boat during the Mariel boat lift...since they had to bring along a bunch criminals and mental patients for each family member. I think the total passengers was around 60.

A Certain Unnamed Gringo

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2010, 11:27:35 AM »

Offline Ray

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2010, 12:52:06 PM »

Fathertime!

I don't know where this 25k number came from.

The going rate to be smuggled into the US from Mexico is around $1,500 up to a max of maybe $3-4k, depending on the US destination.

Some smugglers will get you across the border for as little as $500 or less.

Ray

Offline Shadow_mas

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2010, 04:03:49 PM »
Give it a few more years shadow, and you'll understand what we're doing through here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7564584.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7522612.stm

Multiply these issues by 20 for the US and 100 for border states like Arizona and California - plus consider that across most of the US's southern border there are no mountains, no seas and no fences - just open land.
I have been dealing with the perks of illegal immigrants in Europe 20 years back. So I do know the subject and whatever issues it raises.
As far as 'going through' I see nothing but people issuing a rapid judgement over something they have no facts on, and supporting it with prejudice they can not defend with statistical data.

Offline Shadow_mas

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2010, 04:06:45 PM »
WHOA! Hold on just a minute there Shadow.

First, it isn’t up to the person making a point to provide statistical proof to back up his point. It’s up to the one questioning the point to dig up statistics in an attempt to disprove that point, so why don’t YOU find statistics yourself. Statistics don’t prove anything anyway, so why do you claim that he has nothing to go on?? Personal experiences are often worth as much or more than statistics.

Ok great. So I can make the point that 95% of all people in the USA are from illegal immigrants, and it is up to you to disprove it. Have a ball.

Now its wonderful you ask me not to believe anything that is written in the news, yet spin your own opinion from a news item. Kind of double standards ?

Offline Shadow_mas

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2010, 04:09:29 PM »

hmmm, I hear crickets.....OK Shadow if you want numbers here are some:

The United States of America is principally a transit and destination country for trafficking in persons. It is estimated that 14,500 to 17,500 people, primarily women and children, are trafficked to the U.S. annually.

There are an estimated half million illegal entries into the United States each year.

Now considering that most of the 37 were men I'd say they probably weren't trafficked.Not to mention that if they were the article would have been titled "37 victims of human smugglers found". You see illegal immigrant implies voluntarily crossing the border illegally which is totally different from being trafficked.

So now I'll ask where do you get the idea of prejudice from?

Researcher
Sources ?

As far as what it implies, I would state it differently. Illegal immigrant implies that when found on US territory the person was not registered with the Homeland Security or other immigration services. Any other meaning is what your prejudice makes from it, including the idea that they were knowing to be doing something illegal.

Offline Shadow_mas

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2010, 04:11:09 PM »
Well Shadow mas,  I think these illegal immigrants know what they are getting into.  I realize there is the rare 'deer in the headlights' that might not have a clue.  Either way, they should not be rewarded with a visa. 
Regarding impounding of bank accounts, I don't if these guys have bank accounts and if they do, I doubt Mexico would let us just take their money.

Fathertime!
You think... but you do not know for sure.

It seems strange that nobody here cares about stopping the traffic from happening, but rants about the illegal immigrants making trouble.

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2010, 04:30:22 PM »
Sources ?

As far as what it implies, I would state it differently. Illegal immigrant implies that when found on US territory the person was not registered with the Homeland Security or other immigration services. Any other meaning is what your prejudice makes from it, including the idea that they were knowing to be doing something illegal.

Again I ask, where is the prejudice? Since you are on the outside of the US looking in I guess I can understand your ignorance as to what the term "illegal immigrant" means.I guess I should just give you a break on your ignorance as far as what "prejudice" means also.As far as sources for those numbers just google illegal border crossings in the US and you will find a ton of sources as this is common knowledge(which you obviously have no clue).

Researcher

Offline fathertime

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2010, 05:57:35 PM »

Yes I THINK, I’m not conducting the investigation so I would not know.  I don’t buy that these illegal aliens were tricked and in the 1/1000 chance they were, they still need to be deported asap.  We are all out of ‘dumdum visas’ so if these poor folks were ignorant enough to get caught up in a scam they need to be humanely given the next bus back to their home (assuming this was there first time caught trying to enter illegally).  US taxpayers don’t want to pay for their stupidity. 
  It seems strange that nobody here cares about stopping the traffic from happening, but rants about the illegal immigrants making trouble.
I care: Here is the tired old solution: More walls, more guards, more prisons, stricter sanctions on employers with jailtime, an enforceable work visa program. 

Since you are 1000’s of miles away sipping redwine in your European rocking chair.  I can fully understand why it feels strange for you to hear about all the frustrations of illegal immigration and the problems it has caused.  I also find it strange that you would preach to all of us in the middle of it about how these poor immigrants are victims and deserve a ‘victims visa’ if they were scammed.   If you have a great interest in such matters and want to complain about our complaints,  it seems you should be footing the bill or at least have your kids going to the same dumb-downed schools, so you can be subjected to the same conditions we are.  Your viewpoint is entertaining, but has yet to be compelling. 

Fathertime!

02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Ray

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
Ok great. So I can make the point that 95% of all people in the USA are from illegal immigrants, and it is up to you to disprove it. Have a ball.

Now its wonderful you ask me not to believe anything that is written in the news, yet spin your own opinion from a news item. Kind of double standards ?

Why would I waste my time disproving your babbling nonsense? Your complete IGNORANCE of this topic speaks for itself.

Did I say anything about WRITTEN news? No, those were TV news media outlets I mentioned. Do you know what TV is?

And just which opinion of mine did I get from the news? I don't need to read or watch your leftist liberal news sources to get the "facts". I live on the US-Mexican border and see the facts every day.

Now how many times have YOU been to the US-Mexican border to see what is really going on??

Ray

Offline Dave H

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2010, 01:41:31 AM »

Au contraire...You would be appalled! I didn't vote for any liberal politicians or those who supported illegal immigration and "la amnistía,"  was against deportation and increased border security measures! I programmed the phone numbers for US Border Patrol and "ICE" (US Immigration and Customs Enforcement  - not the BS "In Case of Emergency") into my cell phone and actually reported several illegal infestations! When I lived in Miami I sometimes wore my "Border Patrol" cap which drove the friggin' illegals nuts!  ;D

Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOHOHKBEqE&feature=related
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:47:59 AM by Dave H »

Offline Dave H

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2010, 01:56:29 AM »
Hey Ray,

Looks like too much time spent watching "Euroweenie News!"  ;D I recommend a "vacation" to the US-Caribbean border (South Florida) as well!

Dave

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2010, 01:56:29 AM »

Offline Ray

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2010, 03:57:36 AM »

Looks like too much time spent watching "Euroweenie News!"  ;D I recommend a "vacation" to the US-Caribbean border (South Florida) as well!

Euroweenie News... ROFLMAO!

Isn't that another name for MSNBC? I see CNN hired a Euroweenie leftist to replace that dumb-ass Larry King. Who watches that crap anyway?

I wish all these uninformed bleeding heart liberals would put their money where their mouth is and go to Mexico, Guatemala, or wherever, adopt a poor family, and bring them back to THEIR country to live with them.

I’m sick and tired of supporting all these ILLEGAL ALIENS UNDOCUMENTED DEMOCRATS who come here to steal everything in sight.

Ray

Offline Dave H

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2010, 04:21:16 AM »

I see CNN hired a Euroweenie leftist to replace that dumb-ass Larry King. Who watches that crap anyway?

Ray

Hey Ray,

You mean Larry King wasn't animatronic? I had no idea that he has a real human being! I always thought it was pretty cool how they aged him.

Dave

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132